The purpose of this Policy is to explain to you how we use personal information that we collect about you and includes the topics set out below.
If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by updating this statement on our website. You can access our website homepage and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
Our undertakes to protect the privacy of persons using its website, as well as the confidentiality of the supplied personal information in compliance with the following rules:
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Where applicable, the texts adopted within the European Union and the local laws that may apply to the personal data processed in the context of VERTBAUDET activity.
- Texts and decisions issued by independent European supervisory authorities.
- Any text relating to privacy and professional secrecy.
What sorts of personal information do we hold?
- Registration and contact details – your full name, address, email address and phone number and your contact history;
- Communications – details and where relevant copies of communications between us, your communication preferences and, if you are a beneficial owner, any information rights you have exercised;
- Payments – a record of dividends paid/payable to you or reinvestments through the Company’s Dividend Reinvestment Plan;
- Your account login details - this is your user name and chosen password;
- Contact preferences – how and whether you want us to contact you;
- Other – any special instructions or restrictions relating to your account.
How do we use your personal information?
We collect and record personal data to carry out the following processing:
Managing orders, delivery, invoicing, payment, customer services, order queries, returns and refunds;
Sharing data with commercial partners supporting our operations (e.g. parcel couriers)
With your consent
Personalizing our websites and applications to customers; Sending targeted marketing promotions in particular by email, or other websites or via other media as technology develops.
Sharing data with commercial partner so that they can market their products and services to you.
Vertbaudet legitimate interests
Detecting, investigating, reporting and seeking to prevent financial crime (e.g. fraud during payment processing for orders placed)
Statistics, analytics, selection and segmentation of customers to improve knowledge of customers,Running competitions (e.g. prize draws)When you visit our website, we may request information by means of questionnaires, forms and notably when you create your customer account.
Marked by an asterisk, the requested data are requested in order for Vertbaudet to deliver the products and/or services and to process your requests. If you do not provide the mandatory information, Vertbaudet will not be able to respond to your requests.
Intended to help us learn more about you, any other information is optional. You are not required to respond.
2 Data processors
The collected information is aimed at Vertbaudet as data controller.
However, they may be conveyed to third parties (the processors) linked to Vertbaudet by contract for the purposes of subcontracted tasks required for the management of your account, your orders, products delivery, anti-fraud services, payments, customer services or collection of customer reviews.
The processor shall undertake to:
- process the data solely for the purpose(s) subject tosub-contracting
- process the data in accordance with the documented instructions from VERTBAUDET
- guarantee the confidentiality of personal data processed under this agreement
- ensure that the persons authorized to process the personal data
- have committed themselves to confidentiality or are under an appropriate statutory obligation of confidentiality
- receive the appropriate personal data protection training
- take into consideration, in terms of its tools, products, applications or services, the principles of data protection by design and by default
3 Data communication
Only specifically authorized VERTBAUDET staff are legitimate to implement processing your personal data.
Unless you opposed this when submitting, your data can be communicated to the commercial partners of VERTBAUDET or can be conveyed to other companies in the Cyrillus-Vertbaudet Group, that may send commercial offers to you by post (we do not communicate land phone number). They will be able to send you their offers by e-mail if you explicitly accepted this when creating your customer account.
4 Hosting of your personal data
Vertbaudet is present across different countries but your personal data is only stored on secure servers located in France.
However, to operate certain services, VERTBAUDET may have to send your data through servers that may be located around the world or gives access to personal data to service providers located abroad.
VERTBAUDET will then take appropriate measures to maintain the security of personal information during the transfer and upon receipt of such information. Processors and service providers will be bound by contract with VERTBAUDET, which will incorporate standard contractual clauses (as published by the European Commission). For the United States, the subcontractor must be on the Privacy Shield list. VERTBAUDET also requires its process and service providers to guarantee a level of security, confidentiality and sufficient protection of privacy and fundamental rights.
5 How long are the data kept?
VERTBAUDET has set the retention period of your personal data to 5 years from:
For prospects (who have never made a purchase from VERTBAUDET and its partners), the date of the last contact with our brand
* For customers (who have already made a purchase), the date of the last purchase
However, for certain types of processing, the retention of data is subject to specific retention periods (for example, the recording of telephone conversations in the customer service department is kept for a period of 6 days, the invoices related to purchases are kept 10 years, etc.).
We take protecting your personal information seriously and are continuously developing our security systems and processes. Some of the controls we have in place are:
- We limit physical access to our buildings and user access to our systems to only those that we believe are entitled to be there;
- We use technology controls for our information systems, such as firewalls, user verification, strong data encryption, and separation of roles, systems & data;
- Systems are proactively monitored through a “detect and respond” information security function;
- We utilize industry “good practice” standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system; and
- We enforce a “need to know” policy, for access to any data or systems.
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you.
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability;
- the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which has legal effects for you or affects you in any other significant way; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in the “Contact Us” section below.
When visiting our site, information about your browsing may be recorded via "Cookies" files installed on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.), in order to allow us to propose personalized offers, adapted to your centers of interests. During your first visit to the site, we ask your permission for the installation of cookies.
You can reconsider your decision according to the procedure described below. These cookies are issued by us in order to facilitate your browsing on our site. They can be issued by our partners in order to personalize the advertising offer sent to you outside the website.
1. Vertbaudet cookies
When you connect to our website www.vertbaudet.com, we may - based on your choices regarding your browser’s configuration – install various cookies on your device:
- Analytical cookies which aims to calculate traffic statistics on the website (number of visits, pages displayed, abandoned orders,…) as part of monitoring and improving the quality of our services.
- Strictly necessary cookies which aim to adapt the presentation of our website to your device’s display preferences.
functional cookies which aims to:
- Record information entered in the various forms, manage and secure the access to reserved and personal areas such as your account, and manage your order basket.
- Provide you with content, including advertising, relating to your areas of interest, and to customize the offers that we send to you.
2. Third party cookies
When you access our website, one or more cookies from partner companies (third party cookies) may be stored in your computer via the pages on our website or via the content displayed in our advertising spaces.
Indeed, the advertising content (graphics, animated sequences, videos, etc.) displayed in our advertising spaces may contain third party cookies: either from the advertiser of the advertising content in question, or a company other than the advertiser (advertising agency, audience measurement company, targeted advertising service provider, etc.), that has associated a cookie with an advertiser’s advertising content.
If relevant, the cookies created by these third parties will allow them, for as long as these cookies remain valid:
- To record the number of times that the advertising content displayed in our advertising spaces has been displayed, to identify the displayed advertisements, the number of users who clicked on each ad, to calculate the sums owed as a result, and to calculate statistics;
- To recognize your device during your subsequent browsing on any other site or service on which these advertisers or third parties have also created cookies and, if relevant, to adapt these third party sites and services or the advertisements that they display, to the browsing parameters of your device that they may recognize.
3. How long are the cookies kept for?
The cookies issued by VERTBAUDET are stored for 13 months.
4. Your choice regarding cookies
You can express and modify your desires with regard to cookies by using the means described below.
The choices available to you through your browser
You can configure your browser so that cookies will be installed on your device or, on the contrary, in order to block them, either systematically or according to their issuer. You can also configure your browser so that you will be asked to accept or refuse the installation of cookies before a cookie is installed in your device.
Please note that if your browser is configured to refuse all cookies, you will not be able to make any purchases or take advantage of our site’s essential functions, such as storing items in your basket or receiving customized recommendations. We ask you to configure your browser appropriately.
Each browser’s configuration is different. It is described in your browser’s help menu, where you can find out how to modify your choice with regard to cookies.
For your information, here are the modalities for the main browsers:
If you are using Internet Explorer:
- On the Tools menu, select "Internet Options"
Click the Privacy tab:
You will see the privacy settings with six options, which allow you to control the number of cookies that will be recorded: Block All Cookies, High, Medium High, Medium (default level), Low, and Accept All Cookies.
If you use Mozilla Firefox browser:
- On the Tools menu, select "options".
- Select the Private Life tab in the Options window.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Use custom settings for history". This will bring up the options for cookies and you can choose to allow or deny them by checking the appropriate box.
If you use the Safari browser
- In your browser, choose Edit > Preferences
- Click Security.
- Click Show Cookies.
- Select the option you want in the "accept cookies".
If you use the Google Chrome browser
- In the Settings menu, select "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of page.
- Click the "Content Settings" button in the Privacy section
- The section at the top of the page that appears when you say more about cookies and allows you to install the cookies you want. It also allows you to remove the currently stored cookies.
Cookies "Flash" © of "Adobe Flash Player"
“Adobe Flash Player”™ is a computer application that is used for the development of dynamic content using the “Flash” computer language. Flash (and applications of the same type) record the settings, preferences and usage of such content by means of technology that is similar to cookies. However, “Adobe Flash Player”™ manages such information and your choices via a different interface than the one provided by your web browser.
If your device is likely to display content developed using the Flash language, we suggest that you access your tools for managing Flash cookies directly on the Adobe website: http://www.adobe.com. (Cookies tab).
- “Adobe Flash Player”™ is a computer application that is used for the development of dynamic content using the “Flash” computer language. Flash (and applications of the same type) record the settings, preferences and usage of such content by means of technology that is similar to cookies. However, “Adobe Flash Player”™ manages such information and your choices via a different interface than the one provided by your web browser.
Your choices expressed online via inter-professional platforms